Moin lieber Porschefahrer und Porschefahrerin!
Happy New Year! Well we all survived the end of the world on December 21st. I was worried about that as I didn’t want to have the end of the world happened while I was president. You could never recover from that piece of bad luck.
2013 is off and we are franticly working on a fun calendar of events. We’ll visit some favorite spots and hopefully discover new and exciting places in our region.
For 2013 the calendar is firming up. Here is the calendar so far, but it is subject to change:
March – Picnic tour to The Little Bighorn Battlefield National Monument
- April – Trip to northern Yellowstone National Park with an overnight/dinner option in Chico
- May – Driver’s Education with the Big Sky Region
- June – Tentative – Brewery Follies in Virginia City, Montana
- June – 58th Porsche Parade, Traverse City, Michigan
- July – Tour of the southern Big Horn Mountains
- August – 6th All Euro Car Show
- August – Dakotas Region “Run For The Hills XI” event in the Black Hills
- September – Driver’s Education with the Big Sky Region
- November – Election of new officers
In 2013 I’m hoping we can add another 10-15 members into our circle of friends. Each year we have continued to grow, which is a good thing. It speaks well for the quality of events and most importantly the friends we have made from membership in PCA and our region. We have some great ambassadors within our ranks that eagerly spread the word on the fun we have to other Porsche owners.
Also for 2013, All Euro Car Show chairman Greg Kohn has some BIG surprises set up for the show in August. The featured marque is Jaguar and you will not want to miss it. Be sure to spread the word to your friends with Jaguars to join us.
Our neighboring regions are having some fun events we can also participate in. There are the ever popular DE events with the Big Sky Region, in August the Dakota Region is having their “Run for the Hills XI”, and the Silver Sage Region in Idaho will be doing their “Bogus Basin Bacchanalia” a hill cross event in September. Having participated in all of them at least once, I can recommend them as a good time.
We will be continuing the Billings Breakfast club get together at Grains of Montana on the second Saturday of the month (1/12). We’ll meet between 8:30 – 9:00 (try and sit in the back) and are done by 10:00.